I have been applying the concepts of the Law of Attraction for almost a year now. Sometimes I get into a zone that will last a few weeks, with amazing results. Then, I start to wonder…….is this somehow a sin? Am I giving credit to a force higher than God? Where IS God in all of this, anyway? It’s almost like there’s a mysterious astro force that I am communicating with instead of God. Some of you may not believe in God, and I appreciate your choice. Perhaps you believe in Spirit, Source, or The Supreme. It’s all good. However, if you’ve wondered about the Law of Attraction and where God fits into it, I hope I can provide you with a little insight that will help you on your quest to living a better life for yourself.
God’s Place in the LOA
I’ve researched this topic and have found arguments for both sides. Apparently, there are thousands, if not millions, of people who are afraid to even read books like The Secret because they don’t feel that God has a place in the Law of Attraction. And yes, I have felt guilty at times because I worry that I am not giving God the credit He deserves. I think the reason for that is because most of the time when we read about our vibrational energies and the power of positive and negative thoughts, we tend to consider how those energies and thoughts are sent into the Universe. We don’t typically include God in our efforts, really, and that might lead to feelings of guilt, and therefore, the things we want to manifest just disappear into thin air.
So, how do we reconcile this? Here is my take….
1) God created us with minds, and our minds are powerful tools.
2) God created the Universe. In fact, He is the Universe.
3) “Intention” is just a fancy way to say, “I have faith that this will happen.” Faith is a spiritual term.
4) If it’s God’s will for it to happen, and we truly have faith it can happen, it WILL happen.
5) God speaks to us through our intuition. Therefore, we have the answers inside of us.
6) If you are stuck, simply ask for God’s assistance.
7) If it helps, call on “God” instead of calling on the “Universe”, although they are one and the same. It’s all about perception.
8) When you are meditating and attempting to manifest something, do so with God in your mind. This is where I personally have gotten stuck many times because I’m one of those who tends to try to manifest things by sending my vibrations into the Universe instead of sending them to God.
9) Make sure you express gratitude to God for everything you have and are. Thank Him also for things you are waiting for that have yet to be delivered. (Make sure your vibrations match your already having what you wish for!)
Many people also have the belief that God abhors those who are well off and that money is the root of all evil. My personal perception is that if one loves money more than God, then yes, I guess He would abhor that. Money could be the root of evil, in specific cases where drugs, murder, sex, etc. were involved in the collection of that money. But in the end, God wants us to be happy and joyous. He made us that way. If we send him our intentions, and we put in our own elbow grease, He will hear us.
If you were to Google “positive affirmations” right now, you would get something like this:
Loving myself heals my life; I release any desperation and allow love to find me; I am creative and wonderful; I deserve all good, etc., etc.
If you really look at these affirmations, they are grounded on the fact that many of us believe on a subconscious level that we don’t deserve all the good that life has to offer. These beliefs arise from being conditioned this way a child, from guilt feelings we’ve collected over our lifetimes, or both.
Get over it.
We all deserve everything good. What defines “good” is different for everyone. For example, I don’t want to be filthy rich. But, I would like to have more freedom in the form of time, enough resources to do the things I enjoy, and write while being able to support myself and my family. Your idea of “good” might be to spend more time with relatives or travel. Again, the answers are within you.
It’s All Relative
So there you have it. A snapshot on God, the Law of Attraction, and how a lack of self-esteem can block you from receiving. God gave us powerful tools (our minds) in order to make choices. He gave us the will to ask for what we desire (asking with faith). Give up your guilt and your belief that you don’t deserve. Christ already died for our sins, therefore we deserve (belief). Now, it’s up to you to receive, with faith. That’s the whole concept of the LOA: Ask, Believe, Receive. Keep this in mind and never feel guilty about applying the Law of Attraction again!
Your Healing Toolkit
Join thousands of others who are getting weekly updates, healing tips, and empowered living advice - and receive instant access to:
The Beginner's Healing Toolkit!