Tip for Emotional Healing

By Kim Saeed | Energy Healing

Dec 07

Nourishing Images

Images of violence incite the fight-or-flight survival mode, which in turn secretes stress hormones into our system, even if there is no threat to life.

Images of peace have the opposite effect, evoking the natural chemistry of pleasure and comfort.

If you are recovering from Narcissistic abuse (or if you just want to experience more peace), avoid disturbing images, movies and news articles that will produce conscious and subconscious feelings of stress, anxiety, and the need for survival.

Make the conscious choice to experience regular doses of visual nourishment.  Take walks in the park.  Look up into the sky and see its vast panorama to expand your mind and sense of self.  View movies and images that inspire, amuse, and leave you feeling enthusiastic about life.  Look into the eyes of the people you love and make a soul-to-soul connection.  Use the sense of sight to awaken and remind you of the precious gift of life.

** Created in part with the help of Freedom from Addiction:  The Chopra Center Method for Overcoming Destructive Habits.

Join thousands of others who are getting weekly updates, healing tips, and empowered living advice - and receive instant access to:

Susan Lattwein December 8, 2013

It’s true with music too. 🙂

Aimer Shama December 7, 2013

What’s strange is that the things you speak of piss me off cause I can’t find them in myself, while movies of darkness, depression and suffering tend to calm me down coz they speak my mind!

Kim Saeed December 7, 2013

I think perhaps it’s something symbolic deep in your psyche. Perhaps by viewing these images, it is a release of the anxiety within yourself. Focusing on outside aggressive images may ease what you are feeling on the inside…

Kim Saeed December 11, 2013

Hi Aimer. I’m just touching base with you to see if you’ve ever listened to Dr. Ahmed Emara. Here is a link, but I’m not sure if it will go through properly on WordPress:

My hubby listens to him a lot and apparently, his videos are very helpful. I hope I’m not being presumptuous. Just thought I’d throw it out there 🙂 Kim

Aimer Shama December 11, 2013

Oh my goodness this is so suffocatingly cheesy… the problem with self improvement is that it feels so inspirational and uplifting… and I liked this track… believe me I was a Amr Khaled kid… it also never works!

Kim Saeed December 11, 2013

Sorry…I understand very little Arabic, but my hubby seems to get something useful from his videos, and I thought about you, that’s all.

Good day 🙂

A Table in the Sun December 7, 2013

“Look into the eyes of the people you love and make a soul-to-soul connection.”
A great way to live every single day. I will add strangers to this list as well. I’m learning to make connections with all beings and realize that I AM the homeless person on the street, the store clerk, the angry driver, the judge, ……………

Kim Saeed December 7, 2013

Wow…what a powerful comment. Thank you.