When we discover we’re involved with a Narcissist, we spend days, weeks, and even months learning everything we can about the disorder. Educating ourselves is important because only through learning about Narcissistic behaviors and what drives them are we able to release the responsibility we felt for the relationship’s end.
What we usually don’t consider, however, is that our mind consists of the conscious and unconscious. When we educate ourselves about Narcissism, we are using our conscious (cognitive) mind to make connections between our experiences and what we’ve learned. However, a cognitive understanding of Narcissism does little to heal us subconsciously.
Meditation is one of the most vital elements to emotional healing from Narcissistic abuse. It helps to cultivate more peace and happiness in life, and is the first thing I recommend to all my followers and clients. It’s essential to building your self-esteem back up, embracing your intuition, learning self-love, and letting go.
The first element of guided meditation involves different categories of brainwaves (binaural beats) as follows:
1) Gamma (30-100 Hz) – Learning and retaining information.
2) Beta (13-30 Hz) – Alertness; Concentration; Cognition.
3) Alpha (9-13 Hz) – This is the state where the brain starts to slow down/is relaxed. The right and left hemispheres of the brain are more balanced than during any other state. We feel calm and peaceful. Visualization; Creativity.
4) Theta (4-8 Hz) – The state of very deep relaxation; it is used in hypnosis and is characterized by feelings of inspiration and spirituality. Meditation; Intuition; Memory. Theta plays an important role in subconscious healing and is used in the treatment of different kinds of addiction. It is also the state for re-programming your mind.
5) Delta (1-3 Hz) – The slowest of all the frequencies. Can trigger the release of Human Growth Hormone that is so beneficial for healing and regeneration. Detached awareness; Healing; Sleep.
**Do not attempt to listen to Theta or Delta meditations while driving.
Scientists have discovered that certain brainwave frequencies (especially the Alpha and Theta) may:
1. Relieve stress and promote a lasting and substantial reduction in people prone to anxiety states.
2. Facilitate a deep physical relaxation and mental clarity.
3. Encourage spontaneous imaginative and creative thinking.
6. Reduce pain, promote euphoria and stimulate the release of endorphins.
Most of us spend our days surrounded by the sounds of vehicles, televisions, and office machines. Nature sound recordings can offer us an escape from these unnatural sounds, and allow us to reconnect with nature. Popular sounds used in ambient recordings are ocean waves, creeks, waterfalls, wind, rain, thunder, and birds. What we listen to can have a strong influence on our emotional health. Through experimentation, you can discover the effects each of these sounds have on your moods and emotions.
Native American Flute Music
Aside from the magical benefits of binaural beats and ambient sounds, I personally receive great comfort from listening to Native American Flute music.
I’ve also learned that this particular flute music is being used in Chakra balancing therapy.
Guided imagery is a mind-body intervention by which a meditation narrator helps a participant to evoke and generate mental images that simulate or re-create the sensory perception of sights, sounds, movements, and images associated with touch, such as texture, temperature, and pressure, as well as imaginative or mental content that may precipitate strong emotions or feelings. 
Guided imagery meditation has the built-in capacity to deliver multiple layers of complex, encoded messages by way of simple symbols and metaphors.
Listen to this meditation for an example of guided imagery for Inner Child Healing.
Regardless of which guided meditation venue you choose, it’s important that you begin soon and practice daily for at least 10-20 minutes. While you may not acknowledge the benefits right away, meditation works magically behind the scenes to heal your inner wounds. Further, guided meditation can heal physical symptoms in the body if practiced regularly.
Join thousands of others who are joining the 10-Day Recovery mini-course and get instant access to:
The Beginner's Healing Toolkit! Start healing from Narcissistic Abuse now!